Re: Implementation of POSIX shared memory objects

Joerg Sonnenberger <> wrote:
> > Right, but this is dependency on tmpfs, which one might not necessary want
> > to have. I think it is not that friendly for embedded devices too.
> You know that Linux is doing that for general SysV IPC? I don't think it
> is a worse deal than another arbitrary memory sink in kernel space. It
> is not even guarantied to be simpler in the kernel, if you also want to
> allow swap backing.

What do you mean by "sink in kernel space"? It uses the same anonymous memory
objects as tmpfs. Also, I believe this way consumes less memory than tmpfs.

Not sure what do you mean by simplicity point. Memory can be swapped out. It
can be easily made wired too.

Best regards,