Re: Equivalent of the system call sendfile

On 26 Nov 2008, at 1:39, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
Perhaps we should provide sendfile in libc, as an appropriate wrapper
around mmap() and write().

That's probably better than a lot of duplicate implementations in
various pkgsrc patch files.

On the other hand, perhaps encouraging use of this duplicative and,
honestly, pretty much dumb API is not something we should do.

The API exists in FreeBSD, Linux and Solaris and applications use it
whether NetBSD supports or not. And I would that it is a good thing
if more 3rd party applications use page loaning because NetBSD
provides a sendfile() library function

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                           http://zhadum.org.uk/