Re: revivesa status 2008/07/09

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008, Andrew Doran wrote:

In its current form SA threading is a regressive proposition. Even if all
the remaining issues are addressed, what benefits would it bring over and
above 1:1 threading?

        As I understand it there are two factors in favour of keeping SA:

        - There was a report of a significant performance gain on single
          core embedded arm32
        - If we keep SA for 5.0 it allows people to run a 4.0 userland
          on a 5.0 kernel while upgrading (and makes COMPAT_40 useful).