Re: revivesa status 2008/07/09

 >> In its current form SA threading is a regressive proposition. Even if all
 >> the remaining issues are addressed, what benefits would it bring over and
 >> above 1:1 threading?

>       As I understand it there are two factors in favour of keeping SA:

>       - There was a report of a significant performance gain on single
>         core embedded arm32
>       - If we keep SA for 5.0 it allows people to run a 4.0 userland
>         on a 5.0 kernel while upgrading (and makes COMPAT_40 useful).

Does anybody know how well 1:1 threading model is in case of huge
amount of threads, say, several hundreds or even thousands?  How well
N:M in such situations (and NetBSD's SA)? Any benchmarks out there?
Benchmarks by Andrew had a number of threads up to 20 (why not 50 or
100). It is probably ok for databases but IMHO 20 is too small number
for heavily loaded web services (I'm not about http servers).

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.