Re: panic in ioapic

6bone%6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de@localhost wrote:
Hello,

I am using NetBSD 4.0_STABLE at a dell 1950 with two dual core CPUs and 12GB ram. If I use a kernel without any apic everything works fine. If I use a kernel with enabled apic (one cpu or four cpus) after some time the kernel gets a panic in Xintr_ioapic_level5

you can find the screenshot at http://suse.uni-leipzig.de/dump.bmp

the error occurs in different processes like ftp, httpd or rsync. but always the apic funktion is affected.

unfortunaly the debugger does not respond to any input and so I can't report a full trace.

any idea what the problem can be?
Uwe

I see the exact same problem with dual opteron 8G platform. Try increasing the kernel stack
I've set UPAGES to 5 in /usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/include/param.h.

You can also set INTRSTACKSIZE to 8k there as well, but this doesn't seem to have much effect for me. I mention this because the i386 port is already set to that value.

We should open up a PR for this.
skd