Re: panic in ioapic

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Stephen Degler wrote:

I see the exact same problem with dual opteron 8G platform. Try increasing the kernel stack
I've set UPAGES to 5 in /usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/include/param.h.

I changed the UPAGES to 7. The system crashed again.

http://suse.uni-leipzig.de/dump1.bmp

I think, it is not a problem of the nic. If you disable all apic in the kernel configuration the system works stable. But you can only use one CPU.

thank you for your efforts
Uwe