tech-install archive

Re: Anyone working on an automated install?

On 28/10/12 11:41, Rares Aioanei wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 10:07:08PM +0100, Josh Branning wrote:
>> Again, thanks everyone. I guess I have my answer. Nobody is really
>> working on automating sysint using a configuration file, because a
>> script does the job, even if it can get complicated for certain setups.
>> Doing a quick search online, there have been a few projects intending to
>> do what I'd like (but not specifically). All of these projects
>> unfortunately seem to be abandoned, maybe because they were aiming to do
>> too much at once.
> As someone already said, Red Hat's automatic installation framework is called
> Kickstart and could serve as a good example for what you want to do.
> Depending on the language involved (if I am familiar with it or not) I might
> help you.
sysinst is programmed in C.

You can get the sources via cvs:
cvs checkout

I know the questions have something to do with:

For instance (correct me if I'm wrong), MSG_sysinst_message_language
gets a char * containing the answer to the language selection message.

Maybe it's just a case of reading a file, and pre-programming these
variables somehow?