Re: Status of syspkgs

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011, Julian Fagir wrote:
All in all, we summarized, this was exactly the issue being addressed by syspkgs about nine years ago. So: What is the current status of syspkgs? And what direction shall be taken, is there an overview of what architecture can be expected, or is it an ongoing discussion?

Nothing has changed for a few years. Last time I did any work on syspkgs, they were created correctly, and could be installed and removed using appropriate commands, but there was no easy or menu-driven way of installing them. Since then, the pkg_* tools have changed in such a way that the method used by syspkgs to manage directories no longer works.

--apb (Alan Barrett)