Re: getty's Exec format error [was: Re: Tests of mdsetimage -s]

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 21:25:37 +0000
Marcin Jessa <lists%yazzy.org@localhost> wrote:

> Now a new problem (as if I did not have enough of them before).
> This is what happens when /etc/rc finished executing.
>
> Apr  2 23:06:19 init: can't exec getty '/usr/libexec/getty' for port
> /dev/console: Exec format error
> Apr  2 23:06:19 init: can't exec getty '/usr/libexec/getty' for port
> /dev/ttyE1: Exec format error
>
> etc etc...
> I can execute the getty binary directly in my build dir and then I get a
> login prompt and can login to my build computer just fine.
> /etc/gettytab and image/etc/ttys are also in place.
>
> I am so close to a login prompt I can allmost smell it...  :)

To reply my own posting and for the future generations.
I needed not only /libexec/ld.elf_so but also /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so .

I finally have a login prompt and a nice, custom gettytab (
http://www.yazzy.org/configs/netbsd/gettytab )