Re: getty's Exec format error [was: Re: Tests of mdsetimage -s]

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005, Marcin Jessa wrote:
Apr  2 23:06:19 init: can't exec getty '/usr/libexec/getty' for port
/dev/console: Exec format error
Apr  2 23:06:19 init: can't exec getty '/usr/libexec/getty' for port
/dev/ttyE1: Exec format error

etc etc...
I can execute the getty binary directly in my build dir and then I get a login
prompt and can login to my build computer just fine.
/etc/gettytab and image/etc/ttys are also in place.

I am so close to a login prompt I can allmost smell it...  :)

Well, the error looks familiar, doesn't it. See "kernel cannot load due to unknown execution format". What did you do to your (.../image)/sbin/init to get rid off that error?

 - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)