Re: Where is netbsd-XEN3_DOM0.gz

On 2018-06-21 09:49 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:

> D'Arcy Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:
>
>> I still wonder if we should comment out AGP from the XEN_DOM0
>> configuration since it seems to be the usual suggestion when it doesn't
>> work.  Even for XEN_DOMU it seems to me that most people will be logging
>> in to a text console or using VNC.  Is there really any benefit to AGP
>> on a Xen server?
>
> There are two xen usage patterns:
>
>   big box in a machine room, text console, all usage remote

Obviously no need for AGP.

>   regular desktop, with what would have been bare metal as the dom0, so
>   you can run a domU or two
>
> in the latter case, people want a normalish dom0 kernel.

Can a DOM0 with no AGP run a DOMU with AGP or are there system dependencies?

> Are there PRs, and can we deal with this by quirks to not attach AGP
> when it's going to do something bad?

There's 50446 which has the suggestion to just comment out AGP.  I
wonder if we should just remove the line altogether.  If someone ever
gets around to fixing the issue they can put it back.  In the meantime
why tempt people to un-comment it?

If there is general agreement I will make the change and also update the
PR so that the fixer knows to add the line back.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost