Re: Call for testing: Xen 4.2.0-rc4

Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> On 09/14/2012 02:27, Roger Pau Monne wrote:
>> There's a new rc, you can fetch it using:
>>
>> # git checkout 4.2.0-rc5

4.2 has already been released, so if you want you can grab the tarball from:

http://bits.xensource.com/oss-xen/release/4.2.0/xen-4.2.0.tar.gz

>> This is (probably) the final release.
>>

> I've finally made some time to play with this, but I'm having trouble
> building on 6.0_RC1/amd64:
>
> hack:riz  ~/xen> gmake -j2 PYTHON=/usr/pkg/bin/python2.7
>
> [ stuff deleted ]
>
>    CC    i386-dm/helper2.o
> helper2.c: In function 'cpu_x86_init':
> helper2.c:160:49: error: 'HVM_PARAM_BUFIOREQ_EVTCHN' undeclared (first
> use in this function)
> helper2.c:160:49: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> for each function it appears in
>

> I'm not familiar enough with the Xen build to know where to track this
> down just yet, but thought you'd like to know...

I'm not sure, but I think this is the result of trying to compile
stubdoms, which are currently broken on NetBSD. You should not run gmake
without a target, because it will try to compile everything. Instead you
should compile the hypervisor and the tools only, by using:

# gmake PYTHON=/usr/pkg/bin/python2.7 xen

and

# gmake install-tools