Re: turning on options MULTIPROCESSOR soon

On 18 January 2012 02:03, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>
wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 01:51:47AM +0530, Cherry G. Mathew wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking forward to turning on "options MULTIPROCESSOR" for XEN on
>> Monday, 23rd January, 2012.
>>
>> If you could please try report problems before this date, that will
>> really help make this smooth. Since the 6.0 branch is rumoured to be
>> very soon, it would be great to have a bug-free(tm) MP XEN port :-)
>
> You can turn it on for *DOMU, the user can still set vcpus to 1 in
> the Xen config file if it cause problems.

Indeed, I should have mentioned this. Only the DOMU configs have them
commented in as "Experimental"

> For *DOM0 it's not ready: the backend drivers are not MP-safe; I've not looked
> at other dom0-speficic code but there may be more problems. I'm not sure
> xenbus is completely safe either.

xenbus_comms.c is not locked, but afaict, it's user (xenbus_xs.c) is
MP aware. The remaining victim is xenbus_dev.c, but since xenstored on
dom0 is the sole consumer, this doesn't seem to be an issue for domU.
Have I missed anything (else) ?

Cheers,
--
~Cherry