Re: turning on options MULTIPROCESSOR soon

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 01:51:47AM +0530, Cherry G. Mathew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking forward to turning on "options MULTIPROCESSOR" for XEN on
> Monday, 23rd January, 2012.
>
> If you could please try report problems before this date, that will
> really help make this smooth. Since the 6.0 branch is rumoured to be
> very soon, it would be great to have a bug-free(tm) MP XEN port :-)

You can turn it on for *DOMU, the user can still set vcpus to 1 in
the Xen config file if it cause problems.

For *DOM0 it's not ready: the backend drivers are not MP-safe; I've not looked
at other dom0-speficic code but there may be more problems. I'm not sure
xenbus is completely safe either.