Re: default route on other subnet

pbraun%nethence.com@localhost (Pierre-Philipp Braun) writes:

>As an example, in a bridge configuration, say I've got on
>the dom0 and I want on the guest.  And the gateway is

If you have different subnets you need a router, not a bridge, and
a "default route on other subnet" is an oxymoron.

dom0 is on the real interface and is the gateway.

domU is and needs a gateway in, e.g.

dom0 needs a second interface to be configured for This can
be a bridge that is used by multiple domUs, all in

dom0 needs to be configured for ip forwarding.

your gateway needs a proper route to pointing
to the dom0. Other machines in either need the same or
routing redirects have to work (they usually do).

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost