Re: netbsd-5 i386 PAE dom0 + hvm domU winxp?

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 12:04:12AM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > After running a kernel build over 10 times in domU with and without dom0
> > running bzip2, it seems there's no difference.  But the hvm guest (winxp)
> > is real slow whenever bzip2 is running.
>
> So it's qemu-dm being slowed down by bzip2. Maybe playing with renice would
> help ?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that bzip2 was running at a lower priority
("nice bzip2 ...").

> > ddb doesn't work with the IPMI remote console system.  I'll try to check
> > if the problem is reproducible on my test machine and see if I can hook
> > up a keyboard and display..
>
> Or you can probably change the magic key sequence to enter ddb
> (sysctl hw.cnmagic)

The remote management does not work with ddb at all (I can see the screen,
but I can't type anything) - that's why I need a real keyboard or something.
It wouldn't be a problem if the computer was here, but it's in a different
location.. ;)  But I'll try to find a way soon.

  -jm