Re: Using XEN without grub

On 30/07/2009 6:11 AM, Robert Elz wrote:
What I needed to know was that it was the right place to look (or more
accurately, where I should look).   I still think it would be a good idea
to update the XEN howto with at least a reference to this method, and
remove the "must use grub" stuff.

Accept that the documentation is still applicable to earlier versions of NetBSD. From what I have experienced but may have changed (doubtful) is that the NetBSD 4.0 grub binary segfaults under changes I believe were made before the 5.0 release? ... So it's possible boot.cfg is the only option on a newer release anyway :)

I'd have to test to be sure but it's this kind of greyness that causes a stale howto. The best reference is currently:

http://wiki.netbsd.se/How_to_set_up_a_guest_OS_using_xen3

Sarton