Re: [patch] M2P/P2M abstraction

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
I don't know the exact version. I would expect that large Xen installations
(e.g. providers offering NetBSD guests on a linux dom0) would have
an infrastructure based on the latest Xen 3.0.x at last.

okay

I thought (wrongfully maybe) that removing Xen 2 support basically sets the requirements on Xen 3.0.2 and up at least, given the new functionalities added in -current. I am not sure that PCI passthrough works ok with 3.0.1 and below, for example.

But you don't have to use the new functionalities to use -current :)

I agree, that was just an example. We depend on XenSource's willingness to stay compatible with previous Xen's revisions; this is not purely-NetBSD oriented.

I'd like to know if we are going to have issues by keeping an old API (we are still working with the 3.0 hypercall API right, even with Xen 3.3?), either by seeing functionalities dropped (hypercall page vs int 0x82 for example), or reworked (changes in hypercall API, return codes, or numbers), in the near future.

True question, I don't know the answer - I did not follow xen-devel lately.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost