Re: boot.cfg

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 02:21:10PM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
>> >Can you be more precise on this, please?
>> >
>> >Are you missing the Xen or the Dom0 output?
>>
>> Both.
>>
>> >Is it the VGA or serial output ?
>>
>> VGA.
>>
>> Obviously something is incorrect in the multiboot structure that I am
>> passing to Xen.

>Are you seeing some output on the serial console ?

The two laptops that I have been using to test this don't have serial
ports. I can try on another system though.

If I don't specify a console then I get Xen output up to the line that
reads "Xen is relinquishing VGA console.", then nothing until the login
prompt appears. With "console=pc" nothing between boot(8) messages and
the login prompt.

I couldn't see anywhere in the Xen sources where it tried to use any
console settings from the multiboot info but will look again.

When I asked about debugging ideas I really wanted to know if there
was anything with a faster turnaround time than to create patches to
xenkernel3 and build from scratch, I was unable to get a working Xen
kernel by rebuilding an existing tree.

Robert Swindells