Re: boot.cfg

Christoph Egger wrote:
>On Tuesday 16 September 2008 07:51:53 Ernesto Bascon wrote:
>> Hi everybody:
>>
>> I've just read in the hubert feyrer's blog that the new boot.cfg file
>> lets specify xen kernels.

>[Adding Robert Swindells to CC]

>> i want to know:
>>
>> 1. if the support for Xen kernels is already committed into the NetBSD
>> HEAD?

>I haven't seen any commit yet.

It isn't in CVS yet.

It probably needs to be reviewed first. I also want to find out why I
don't get console output while booting.

>> 2. how should be the entry in the boot.cfg? How can i specify the
>> NetBSD DOM0 kernel and all parameters needed by the xen kernel?

>Robert surely can answer this.

The syntax is as described here:

<http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-amd64/2008/05/19/msg000282.html>

apart from changing "modules enable" to "modules enabled".

One thing that may be missing is the capability to load multiple
modules and get the dom0 to use them. I haven't tested whether Xen
will locate which one is the dom0.

Robert Swindells