Re: boot.cfg

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 14:23:00 Robert Swindells wrote:
> Christoph Egger wrote:
> >On Tuesday 16 September 2008 07:51:53 Ernesto Bascon wrote:
> >> Hi everybody:
> >>
> >> I've just read in the hubert feyrer's blog that the new boot.cfg file
> >> lets specify xen kernels.
> >
> >[Adding Robert Swindells to CC]
> >
> >> i want to know:
> >>
> >> 1. if the support for Xen kernels is already committed into the NetBSD
> >> HEAD?
> >
> >I haven't seen any commit yet.
>
> It isn't in CVS yet.
>
> It probably needs to be reviewed first. I also want to find out why I
> don't get console output while booting.

Can you be more precise on this, please?
Are you missing the Xen or the Dom0 output?
Is it the VGA or serial output ?

> >> 2. how should be the entry in the boot.cfg? How can i specify the
> >> NetBSD DOM0 kernel and all parameters needed by the xen kernel?
> >
> >Robert surely can answer this.
>
> The syntax is as described here:
>
> <http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-amd64/2008/05/19/msg000282.html>
>
> apart from changing "modules enable" to "modules enabled".
>
> One thing that may be missing is the capability to load multiple
> modules and get the dom0 to use them. I haven't tested whether Xen
> will locate which one is the dom0.

Support for multiple modules are only needed if you want to pass a
ramdisk to the Dom0. Linux' initrd is specified as a module in this case.
I am not aware of any case where NetBSD uses multiple modules.

Christoph