Re: domU's report "Out of memory allocating ksiginfo for pid ###"

Mike Bowie wrote:
I have a Dell PowerEdge 1950-III which I've been working at getting online with xen. The ultimate goal is to bring four matching machines into production in this same configuration. I had hoped to do so with 4.0, however the mfi driver for the PERC 6/i (which features in this box) wasn't ported from OpenBSD until February. I'd also looked at installing various incarnations of HEAD, however the last one I managed to install had trouble with the bnx driver core-dumping and the ISOs for the past week or two all core-dump when loading sysinst.

I know it looks bad but don't let this deter you. On my system (dell sc430), Xen appears to be more stable than ever at the moment and I've been riding this train since early last year, actually the end of the year before.

I use build.sh for upgrading so haven't encounter the sysinst issue but I have seen it mentioned.

Trying to debug the problems you will experience ... due to the currently failing sysinst, may be rather time consuming and may have already been fixed. I'd suggest attempting to boot a newer kernel and updating your userland in-place. Just make sure you backup your existing system.

Sarton