Re: domU's report "Out of memory allocating ksiginfo for pid ###"

Christos Zoulas wrote:
On Jul 23,  8:16pm, mbowie%buzmo.com@localhost (Mike Bowie) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: domU's report "Out of memory allocating ksiginfo for pid ###"

The kernel source tree is pretty simple in its organization. The file you want to modify is /usr/src/sys/kern/kern_sig.c.
Look for "Out of" in it. This is the place you want to add
the accounting code.

christos

Good evening folks,

After a couple of days of other distractions, I've managed to upgrade the box to 4.99.70; although there were a couple of teething problems along the way. Rolling my own iso-image from build.sh and a few other tweaks (which my tired brain doesn't recall at this particular moment) managed to get me there in the end.

I also recompiled kernels for XEN3_DOM0 and XEN3_DOMU and viola, my domU can now install an Apache package without "eating itself".

I'll be replicating this installation from scratch on the second box in the next week or two and will be sure to document as I go this time... not doing so is a bad habit of mine.

My thanks to all those who put in their $0.02 to get me here; both here on the list and on #netbsd. Much appreciated!

Christos: Thanks for the kernel primer and the push in the right direction. I'm sure I'll have an opportunity to put it into practice at some stage.

Cheers,

Mike.