domU's report "Out of memory allocating ksiginfo for pid ###"

Good day folks... long time listener, first time caller.

First up, I'd like to praise all of those involved in the NetBSD xen project... I've not been a NetBSD user in the past, but the experience I've had with the project thus far has definitely ensured I will be in the future. The cohesion between the OS and the xen kernels etc is simply superb and makes Good Logical Sense(tm)... which really is a welcome change. All in all, *very* impressive.

I have a Dell PowerEdge 1950-III which I've been working at getting online with xen. The ultimate goal is to bring four matching machines into production in this same configuration. I had hoped to do so with 4.0, however the mfi driver for the PERC 6/i (which features in this box) wasn't ported from OpenBSD until February. I'd also looked at installing various incarnations of HEAD, however the last one I managed to install had trouble with the bnx driver core-dumping and the ISOs for the past week or two all core-dump when loading sysinst.

So, I've cvsup'd a source tree from late February, when the mfi driver gained support for the PERC device and rolled my own ISOs and kernels as 4.99.54.

Having tooled around with this for a while now, I have a fairly happy dom0 up and running with xen 3.1.4 build from relatively current pkgsrc. I did have some trouble with dom0's RAM allocation, and admittedly have given it a whole gigabyte at this point... not ideal, but it is working. http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-xen/2008/04/21/msg003604.html references problems similar to those I was seeing, however other issues such as the bnx driver stalling and xend failing to start were resolved by adding more (and more) RAM to dom0. (I started @ 64MB and doubled incrementally from there.)

So to go along with my nice dom0, I've installed a couple of NetBSD domU's, also running 4.99.54... and this is where my "real trouble" starts. If I perform any "strenuous" activity on either domU it consumes 100% of it's RAM and 100% of it's available CPU time. If I'm on a xen console and I send it a couple of cr's (and I'm lucky) it will output "Out of memory allocating ksiginfo for pid ###". Ultimately, all I can do is "xm destroy" the domU and start it again.

If they're idle or doing little, there's no problem... but if I build a large package, install a large package or cvsup, they'll top out and choke. One domU has just 128MB of RAM, while the other has 1GB... the former dies much sooner than the latter.

I did ask this question in #netbsd%irc.freebode.net@localhost, and YazzY was kind enough to suggest looking into the "elevator" scheduling option, however this has not yielded any success or change as of yet.

YazzY also suggested that I should prove my 4.99.54 build on a different system, which I've not yet done. It's worth noting that I do not have physical access to these machines... they're in a data center some 1500 miles away.

I'll stop there, before this post becomes a novel... seemingly relevant files and output:
http://www.buzmo.com/projects/netbsd-xen/pe1950-build/menu.lst
http://www.buzmo.com/projects/netbsd-xen/pe1950-build/boot.log
http://www.buzmo.com/projects/netbsd-xen/pe1950-build/buzmo0.dfw
http://www.buzmo.com/projects/netbsd-xen/pe1950-build/netbsd4-99-54-amd64.dfw

Any suggestions are sincerely appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike.