Re: NetBSD on Xen3 amd64

On Jan,Tuesday 15 2008, at 2:10 PM, Sebastian Wasilewski wrote:

Manuel Bouyer wrote:

Can I install packages from
NetBSD 4.0 safely ?

There were big changes in threading libraries. To be safe I would rebuild
from sources.

Thank you for your reply. Is there an easy way to rebuild packages
automatically ? Something like emerge for Gentoo, that would download a
source of all required packages, rebuild them and install?

I cannot imagine how much time I would have to spend to rebuild manually
all packages I would like to install.

You can look at wip/pkgmanager where wip is pkgsrc wip CVS repository.
I use it with my notebook and it works good.

http://pkgsrc-wip.sourceforge.net/

Regards

Adam.