Re: vax wscons setting questions

ragge@ wrote:

> > I think we no longer use pty in /dev (using ptyfs instead)
> > so there is no conflict, but I wonder if it's worth for vax
> > to use ttyE[0-7] for wscons in ttys(5) and remove "vt0" target
> > for ttyw[0-7] from MAKEDEV.
> IIRC ttyE conflicts with some other serial card on Vax (which is
> probably never used as well :-) )

Umm, I didn't notice ttyE[0-7] (and tty[FGH][0-7]) were
already used (or reserved) by 'dmf*' in src/etc/etc.vax/MAKEDEV.conf.

Should I revert "adding wscons in all_md" in MAKEDEV.conf?
Or is it worth to consider to change device node names
for 4th (and further) dmf(4)?

It looks dmf has never been enabled in GENERIC
 https://github.com/NetBSD/src/commit/683a9a8544acf3ab26d2e4eb532682df365fbe65

and even src/sys/arch/vax/uba/dmf.c has not been ported from 4.4BSD?
 https://man.netbsd.org/vax/dmf.4
>>      NOTE: This driver has not been ported from 4.4BSD yet.

Oh, it looks my 4.4BSD-Lite2 CD-ROM doesn't contains vax/uba/dmf.c,
but now it's in public as CSRG repo?
 https://svnweb.freebsd.org/csrg/sys/vax/uba/dmf.c?revision=49759
 https://svnweb.freebsd.org/csrg/sys/vax/uba/dmx.c?revision=49759

---