Re: Clock drift and other open issues: Collecting information

On 2023-12-30 15:27, Ken Wellsch wrote:
On Sat, Dec 30, 2023 at 01:48:26PM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Um. Correction - my simh 8650 instance only have 64M, but is running through
the build just fine, while my 4000/90 with 128M is failing with memory
exhausted.
swap is at 256M on each.

   Johnny

Way back, Glen posted about his build environment - here is the snippit
that I saved (and used).  I ended up using three disk images as I had
a 4GB limit on each, and assigned 256M swap via each one (so my build
I had 3/4 G of swap).

As have been pointed out, vmemoryuse was missing from the older version of tcsh I was running. And yes, that seems the very likely issue.

By the way, if you want to unlimit everything, but limit core dumps, the easier way is:

unlimit
limit core 0

And if you first want to raise the hard limits do:

unlimit -h
unlimit
limit core 0

And by the way, c++ is currently gobbling up about 185M, so indeed, the default vmemoryuse of 128M is the obvious problem. Thanks Håvard, who pointed out the glaring missing value on one side. :-P

I think we can lay that one to rest now. User error on my side.

Also, with current machines, are anyone seeing clock problems? I am not seeing any on my 4000/90, I think Håvard, as well as Jan-Benedict seems to not see any issues either?

My only clock issue right now seems to be simh related.

  Johnny