Re: Clock drift and other open issues: Collecting information

On 2023-12-30 14:18, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
On Sat, 2023-12-30 13:48:26 +0100, Johnny Billquist <bqt%softjar.se@localhost> wrote:
Um. Correction - my simh 8650 instance only have 64M, but is running
through the build just fine, while my 4000/90 with 128M is failing with
memory exhausted.
swap is at 256M on each.

Is it the GENERIC kernel on both systems?

Yes.

Might there be different ulimit settings basee on the used kernel
config installed in /etc? (When I initially started testing of
Kalvis's patches, he suggested me some ulimit settings, which were
needed. Though I "lost" them, need to search my emails, but I haven't
yet tried to do a native build.)

unlimit -h done on both, and the reported limits if I look with limit are the same (yes, I still use tcsh).

Are the VM values configurable through the different kernel configs
(vmparam.h)?

I don't think I've touched anything there. This is actually the same kernel running on both. Built it elsewhere and downloaded it along with the sets on both machines, and userland is also from the same tar-sets.

  Johnny