Re: PSA: Clock drift and pkgin

On Fri, 2023-12-22 22:31:16 +0000, Maciej W. Rozycki <macro%orcam.me.uk@localhost> wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Dec 2023, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
>
> > Fetched one of the 4000/60 from storage. Actually that one with the
> > additional Turbochannel option. However, it doesn't out-of-the-box
> > work properly with the PiSCSI. :(  So I'm running an update there
> > first, and then go and re-check termination. (But I think that should
> > be all okay: On the /96, I unplugged all original internal drives,
> > added the PiSCSI and an external terminator. On the /60, I made it
> > exactly the same way, so I *think* that it should work.)
>
>  All the wiring is the same.  Mind that the KA90 mainboard is a drop-in
> replacement for the KA60 one.  All the KA60 options are upwards compatible
> except for the LCG (replaced with the LCSPX), and the storage interface is
> exactly the same (onboard logic is different, but that's another matter).

So .. check cables again for sitting properly in their sockets, maybe
exchanging the SCSI cable for the known-working cable in the /96. If
that doesn't work: Check firmware --- ISTR there was a MOP-bootable
firmware update file around somewhere. Don't know how recent "my"
current firmware (KA46-A V1.2-343-V4.0) is. (For KA49, there seems to
be at least a "KA49-A_V1.3-0BC-V4.4" around.) Ad hoc, I failed to find
the feprom update files.

MfG, JBG