Re: Reaching out for mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost (was: qe0: xmit logic died, resetting...)

> Seems I cannot get emails through to mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost due
> to whois issues [...]

...combined, many would say, with my issues.  Yes.

mouse%netbsd.org@localhost is what I'd recommend, especially for this.

> (I wouldn't like to get myself a gmail address or something like
> that.  lug-owl.de is a properly self-administrated box.)

Gmail would work, if anything, worse; Google has earned themselves the
dubious honour of the hardest email block I know how to implement.

Try mouse%netbsd.org@localhost; if that doesn't work, hm, I'm sure we can figure
something out.  Maybe one of my work addresses if necessary.

> In the end, I'd be very much interested in looking at that additional
> available VAX simulator

The only way I have it available at the moment is a world-clonable git
repo; git://git.rodents-montreal.org/Mouse/emul/vax/full should be the
thing to clone.  It probably won't work out of the box, though; I
haven't tried to build it on anything but my own machines, so there are
probably local idioms built into it.  I expect to be convincing it to
build on a stock NetBSD system in the near(ish) future, so you may want
to wait unitl then (unless you want to just read the code).

If you prefer to avoid git, for whatever reason(s), I can build you a
tarball and put it up for anonymous FTP, or mail it, or whatever - I'm
sure we can figure something out.

> [...] gain JIT capabilities.  (Maybe that could be done well using
> libgccjit, in a host-agnostic manner?)

Maybe!  I was not aware of libgccjit - though I've never looked for
anything of the sort, so that means little.  I'll have to look into it;
I can anticipate plenty of possible issues, but none are certain and
many could likely be worked around.

But I probably will try to build my own JIT for it anyway; part of the
reason for doing it is that nothing teaches something like implementing
it, and I'd like to learn more about JITting.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign