Re: qe0: xmit logic died, resetting...

On 2023-09-17 02:04, Mouse wrote:
I don't know if this has any relevance to anything current, but maybe
someone who tracks -current on a VAX can tell.

Back in the day, I recall reading of VAXen with DEQNAs fairly routinely
producing

qe0: xmit logic died, resetting...

and, indeed, mine did.

Well, I just got that...on an emulated machine.  I don't think blaming
transmit logic is plausible in this case; it's not as if I'm doing
gate-level emulation!  I don't (yet) know what _is_ responsible,
though; that's likely to take some investigation.  This is just a heads
up in case it does have relevance to -current.

What emulation?

If it's simh, I believe it's emulating the device accurately enough to actually hit at least one issue that was on real hardware that could get the controller stuck.

The (that) problem can also hit the DELQA, but the DEQNA (if we talk real hardware) is more likely to hit it.

  Johnny