Re: NetBSD/vax kernel seems stable now

I wrote:

> I notice there have been some more changes in /sys/arch/vax, so I'll be
> getting those, and building another kernel, before restarting the
> building of the world...

Seems I had the latest updates already, after all.  'cvs update' in
/usr/src/sys got me some other stuff, but nothing in arch/vax.

A bit of further experimentation shows that my 4000/500 still can't use
swap without crashing.  It seems to get a bit further than it used to: I
suspect that it survives swapping something out, but crashes when it
needs to pull something back in.  I'm back to running with no swap
configured, now, and will try to get the world built that way.  As it
is, anything that uses pthreads crashes when run under the new kernel,
so I'd like to get in sync with -current again...

-tih
--
Self documenting code isn't. User application constraints don't. --Ed Prochak