Port-sun3 archive

Re: Port help wanted/needed?

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:46:04PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
>> What's the latest on 3/50 support, by the way? I remember a thread from
>> about '05 or so that mentioned that either miniroot or the INSTALL kernel
>> was too big now to boot. Has anyone even attempted it?
>> (and yeah, I'm guessing the amount of folks out there trying to use
>> NetBSD on a 3/50 is probably down to about 1 at the most, but I'm
>> curious)
>> to even boot
>       The 3/50 has IIRC its framebuffer at 1MB, so the kernel size is
>       very constrained. Could you try building a kernel with just
>       about everything disabled for the 3/50?

By the way, if there's a need, I can get a 3/50 up with serial console
on a routable IP w/a tftp server. I can do some testing with it, or if
anyone with more coding skills wants access to it, I'm offering it up.

Meanwhile, I'll probably have a little time to work with it this week to
see if we can get a kernel booting on it.