Re: NetBSD installation woes on Sun Blade 100

> Hmm, I have a Rage XL ( ala PGX64 ) in my U60, which works but has
> trouble programming video modes above 1280x1024, so I limited the
> driver to that. The symptoms are garbled output but no black screen
> though. I never had a Blade 1x0.
> So, my questions are:
> - what does the monitor actually do - complain about signal out of
>   range? No signal? Or valid signal but only black output?
> - Does the machine crash or does it continue booting?
> - Does it boot with genfb instead of machfb?

Hi Michael,

i can't tell you for sure what it does. I think it is continuing, but
without a screen signal.
You can see the symptoms in videos on the Blade 100 in the reddit link
i have posted above and on the Ultra 5 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVXH6TgBaFg

The TFT screens i am using just report loss of signal. Nothing is
there that they could analyze.
The CD iso posted in the reddit link seems to work using not the
mach64fb but some generic PCI fb (maybe this is what you mean by
genfb).

As i am booting from an install (and also i am a bit new to NetBSD), i
am unsure how i would pass genfb to the kernel or bootprocess on thee
official cd iso...any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Connor