Re: NetBSD installation woes on Sun Blade 100

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 08:14:57AM -0400, Michael wrote:
> Hmm, I have a Rage XL ( ala PGX64 ) in my U60, which works but has
> trouble programming video modes above 1280x1024, so I limited the
> driver to that. The symptoms are garbled output but no black screen
> though. I never had a Blade 1x0.

I have a U5 with Mach64 and when connected to a modern display it
switches mode to 1920x1080 and hangs.

Easy workaround: at the OF level stop the boot, and then:

  ok> setenv output-device screen:1024x768x60
  ok> boot

At least that works for me (but I have not tried with 9.0 on that machine
yet, it needs a new ID prom battery and a disk replaced first).

Martin