Re: resetting alom password on v240

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 11:34:12AM +0200, Julian Coleman wrote:
> > [...]
> > after a while showing "Hit #. to return to ALOM" but NO prompt at all.
> > (Stays in "poweroff" mode.) So I've no chance applying the "usual"
> > [...]
>
> I recently acquired a V440 with ALOM and root passwords set.  Pressing the
> front power switch powered the whole machine up.  I then installed Solaris
> 10 from DVD and used `scadm` to reset the ALOM password.
Yep! That did the trick! With all this reading about ALOM and remote management
paired with insufficient feed of coffee and too much things to do after a total
power failure due to a bulldozer eating some 20KV line here on campus, I totally
forgot about those simple mechanical things like power switches! ;-{

Thanks a lot!

Kurt