resetting alom password on v240

Hi,

not really NetBSD related, but maybe someone here knows what to do...

I've got a v240 at work running ALOM 1.6.1 with an admin pw noone knows.
After powering up, the machine sits at "Please login: " and times out
after a while showing "Hit #. to return to ALOM" but NO prompt at all.
(Stays in "poweroff" mode.) So I've no chance applying the "usual"
procedures documented on Suns web site and all over google.
Do I really have to call Sun support on monday to send me an new system
board or are there some other possibilities left I don't know (yet ;-)?
(Some undocumented trickery with jumpers and/or the battery come to
mind...)

Any suggestions anyone, please?

Kurt