Re: resetting alom password on v240

Hi,

> I've got a v240 at work running ALOM 1.6.1 with an admin pw noone knows.
> After powering up, the machine sits at "Please login: " and times out
> after a while showing "Hit #. to return to ALOM" but NO prompt at all.
> (Stays in "poweroff" mode.) So I've no chance applying the "usual"
> procedures documented on Suns web site and all over google.

I recently acquired a V440 with ALOM and root passwords set.  Pressing the
front power switch powered the whole machine up.  I then installed Solaris
10 from DVD and used `scadm` to reset the ALOM password.

Thanks,

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/