Re: [Wanted] Dual ROSS RT626@200 MHz

On Wed, 5 Mar 2014, Joël BERTRAND wrote:

>       Sure. But at this time, I'm unable to post a BR as my blade immediatly
> reboots and erases screen. I have tried to check if some information were sent
> over serial line without success.

You won't get serial port output unless the serial port is the console.

Try setting the OBP "intput-device" and "output-device" to "serial" and
see if you can fire up X.  Unlike other machines, SPARCs should do
at least some initialization of display devices even if they are not the
console, so depending on the kernel driver.  If you can do that then
both kernel and firmware output should go to the serial port.

Another thing to look at is turning up the "verbosity" and turning on
"diag-switch?"  If the machine is taking a watchdog reset or otherwise
dying in the firmware, this might turn on some output on the serial port
even though the console is the display.

Finally, if nothing else works, you can fiddle with the kenel to swap the
kernel cn_tab back to the serial port.

Eduardo