Re: 6.0_BETA upgrade fails on Indy / Challenge S

Robert Dörfler <rodo%zlug.org@localhost> schrieb:
> On 21.03.2012 00:42, George Harvey wrote:

>>> If the system were running out of some resource, it would fail to launch
>>> new processes or kill off running processes - it wouldn't randomly fail.
>>>
>>> There's a possibility that there's something wrong with the install
>>> kernel. If you install and boot into a really basic install, then
>>> untargzip additional sets, does that work?
>>
>> No, I get similar errors to those I saw with sysinst. I booted the
>> GENERIC kernel from local disk and tried installing the remaining
>> sets from local disk. The first few unpacked OK but xcomp failed with
>> unexpected EOF. Checking the md5 sums, it seems that xcomp was the
>> right length but wrong md5. I re-copied it using FTP and this time the
>> md5 sum was OK. However, when I tried again to unpack it I got weird
>> errors like 'cannot set file uid/gid of ()'. So it's looking more like
>> a kernel bug and not a problem with sysinst.
>
> I guess i got the same "unexpected EOF"-Errors on my O2. I installed the
> packages via ftp/http and tests.tar.gz failed repeatable. ( even after
> choosing a different way to get package ftp/http )

btw... i tried to gzip -d and untar pkgsrc.tar.gz

tar: Cannot set file uid/gid of  ()
tar: Cannot set permissions on  (No such file or directory)
tar: Access/modification time set failed on:  (No such file or directory)
tar: Cannot rename  to pkgsrc/audio/gkrellm-volume/Makefile (No such file or
directory)
[1]   Segmentation fault (core dumped)gzip: error writing to output: Broken pipe

zucchini# uname -a
NetBSD zucchini. 6.0_BETA NetBSD 6.0_BETA (GENERIC32_IP3x) sgimips