Re: 6.0_BETA upgrade fails on Indy / Challenge S

On 21.03.2012 00:42, George Harvey wrote:
On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 23:08:00 +0000 (UTC)
John Klos<john%ziaspace.com@localhost>  wrote:

Next step was to reboot into the install kernel again and try adding
the extra sets. This time comp was extracted without error but the next
set, man, threw 'invalid header', data stream error', 'unexpected EOF
and failed. This suggests that sysinst is running out of some resource,
possibly RAM, when asked to extract multiple sets.

If the system were running out of some resource, it would fail to launch
new processes or kill off running processes - it wouldn't randomly fail.

There's a possibility that there's something wrong with the install
kernel. If you install and boot into a really basic install, then
untargzip additional sets, does that work?

No, I get similar errors to those I saw with sysinst. I booted the
GENERIC kernel from local disk and tried installing the remaining
sets from local disk. The first few unpacked OK but xcomp failed with
unexpected EOF. Checking the md5 sums, it seems that xcomp was the
right length but wrong md5. I re-copied it using FTP and this time the
md5 sum was OK. However, when I tried again to unpack it I got weird
errors like 'cannot set file uid/gid of ()'. So it's looking more like
a kernel bug and not a problem with sysinst.

I guess i got the same "unexpected EOF"-Errors on my O2. I installed the
packages via ftp/http and tests.tar.gz failed repeatable. ( even after
choosing a different way to get package ftp/http )