Fwd: On DSM-G600 issues with WPA_SUPPLICANT, CDROM on USB port, ntfs module.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Charles Brown <obigiankenobi%gmail.com@localhost>
Date: 2012/2/10
Subject: Re: On DSM-G600 issues with WPA_SUPPLICANT, CDROM on USB
port, ntfs module.
To: Frank Wille <frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost>

OK! I compiled the tools package, then enabled cd9660 support
uncommenting the related line, and I added

cd*             at scsibus? target ? lun ?

in configuration file.
After recompiling the kernel, the dsm-g600: boot of the new kernel ok,
and I'm able to connect my dvd/cdrom to usb and mount it. Works like a
charm. Also the soft error on ide disappears.
I'll do some other test with other usb readers/writers, but I'm
confident that this works mod fine.
After this, I would check better the problem with WPA2_PSK, and try to
enable fuse NTFS support.
Someone other could try if the cd/rom support works?