Re: Synology PPCBoot SK98 network bug fix

Hi,

> The MAC address in use is printed into the console. And you should be
> able to see it with tcpdump or Wireshark when the bootp-request is sent.

I wondered if we had correctly loaded it into the filter registers ...

> > or that we are not getting receive interrupts.
>
> The altboot driver doesn't need interrupts. It polls the descriptor until
> it is ready.

... yep - I see that now ...

> Yes, filters could be an option worth testing.

... and this doesn't seem to make any difference, but see my other message.

> Thanks. I will include that into the Synology Installation Guide.
> I had already documented this method for QNAP, but I'm not sure if my
> older 101g+ PPCBoot supported flinfo too. I will check that.

Thanks!  I should have a QNAP TS-201 to play with too shortly.  Hopefully,
that will just work (tm) ;-)

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/