Re: floppyinstfs size

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 01:13:47PM +0900, Boo Geum Jung wrote:
> I also don't want such a large memory disk. I only want to execute
> "standalone".

Ah.  What services do you want in your "standalone" configuration?  You
will need to decide this and select your applications carefully.  There
are several options to try and save space--some of which will require
some development work.

If you have plenty of RAM, but limited flash, _and_ you can't fit what
you need into the flash that you have, one option might be to add a
method to extract a memory-based root filesystem from a compressed
image in flash--or something like that.

> compile/RAMDISK/netbsd + distrib/sandpoint/floppies/ramdisk/ramdisk.fs works
> well on your system?

except for sysinst problems, yes.  But that image is designed to help
you install the system, it is not meant to run the system for any
sophisticated tasks--most applications there have some functionality
removed in order to make the image smaller.

-allen

--
 Allen Briggs                     briggs%wasabisystems.com@localhost
 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service