Re: floppyinstfs size

> Allen wrote:
> What services do you want in your "standalone" configuration?  You
> will need to decide this and select your applications carefully.  There
> are several options to try and save space--some of which will require
> some development work.

We have almost no limitation of RAM and flash, because RAM is 512M, flash is
16M.
So almost all services on NetBSD can be included, I guess.
The problem is not the space to me. The one I want to do is how to execute
netbsd.RAMDISK just like using disk or nfs. I really don't know exactly the way
yet.

> > compile/RAMDISK/netbsd + distrib/sandpoint/floppies/ramdisk/ramdisk.fs works
> > well on your system?
>
> except for sysinst problems, yes.  But that image is designed to help
> you install the system, it is not meant to run the system for any
> sophisticated tasks--most applications there have some functionality
> removed in order to make the image smaller.

Umm, except sysinst problem, You mean you can enter multi-user mode?

- bgjung