Re: macppc vs evbppc binary packages

Hello,

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:52:41 -0700
Jeff Rizzo <riz%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On 4/18/12 12:38 PM, Michael wrote:
> > True, I've seen the same, especially with SMP.
> > Very recent -current seems to do a lot better though, my dual G4 is still
> > running
> > 6.99.3  with both CPUs online and build.sh -j4 - previously it would hang
> > or panic
> > under moderate IO load, even a build on another machine with sources via
> > nfs from the
> > G4 would trigger it.
> >
> > So, my 2c:
> > try -current and see what happens.
> >

> ...and then figure out which changes make things stable so we can pull
> them up for 6.0.  :)

Well, all is not well yet. After a couple hours it tstiled, although, unlike
earlier it wasn't a hard hang - ^C actually killed the hanging process and left
the filesystem ( and thus the machine ) usable.
About radeonfb and gem issues - I can't reproduce any of them with an iBook G4
( rv280, 100MBit/s gem ), XVR-100 ( rv100 ), Dual G4 ( gigabit gem ) or Pismo (
another 100MBit/s gem ). Guess I'll need a G4 Mini some day :/
Maybe we should comment radeonfb out again in -6.