Re: NetBSD hangs while executing /sbin/init in IBM 405 GP eval board.

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 01:00:51AM +0530, mindentropy wrote:
> > I'd look a little more at the wireshark trace to see what's going on
> > there.  If init is crashing, you should see something like "panic: init
> > died".
>
> Not sure I get it but does init send a message via ethernet if it dies?

No.  Sorry--that was two different ideas/thoughts...

I'd look at the traces to make sure that nothing is getting hung up on
the wire (and perhaps put some code in the kernel to ensure that
everything on the wire makes it into the kernel on the 405 system).

If init dies, the kernel will print a message on the console.  It
sounds like that's not happening, so I wouldn't suspect any problem
with dynamic loading right now.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs  -  briggs%ninthwonder.com@localhost