Re: NetBSD hangs while executing /sbin/init in IBM 405 GP eval board.

On Friday 25 Mar 2011 10:19:05 pm Allen Briggs wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 10:11:44PM +0530, mindentropy wrote:
> > I tried with the modified NFS_BOOT_RWSIZE = 1024 and it still hangs. I
> > tried with 8192 and it too hangs there. In my wireshark I get 2
> > NFS3ERR_NOENT, one for sh.core and the other for ld.so.conf . What is
> > the use of sh.core? Is this normal? One more NOENT is for console which
> > is fine I guess as there is no /dev/console created.
>
> You'll want to create the devices.  Grab MAKEDEV and run it on your NFS
> server in the directory you'll be using for the 405's /dev.
>
> Just a guess, but sh.core might be showing up if it is trying to dump a
> core (after hitting an exception)--looking to see if the core is there
> first.
>
> Sounds like we (or you ;-) need to gather more information to see what's
> going on.
>
> -allen
My host is Ubuntu. Initially I tried created the devices by loading netbsd on
qemu and running MAKEDEV.  I mounted the image and copied the devices to
ubuntu. Not sure whether its right.

Right now I got a spare hd and loaded netbsd in it. I will mount the linux
partition and copy the devices from netbsd partition to linux partition.

Should I just have init printing "Hello World" to see if its dynamic linking
problem? What other techniques I could use to debug?