Re: multi-architecture powerpc CD?

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 06:11:24PM -0700, Tim Rightnour wrote:
> 4) Is it possible to put symlinks on a cd?  If so, we could share some of the
> common sets between the arches to save space.  If not, is there another trick
> we could use?

I don't know if mkisofs supports this in any way, but you can of
course create some kind of hardlinks, sectors on the filesystem that
are referenced by multiple directory entries.  If nothing else, it
should be very easy write a small "mklink" tool that changes the
sector and size of a file on a cd9660 file system.  Then first create
the file system with dummy files (e.g. 1 byte files), and after that
run the tool on that file system.

bye,
  Harold