Re: NetBSD-Mach?

Quoting Tom Rini,

> >Depends... NetBSD would use NetBSD's syscall numbers, etc.  It would
> >be the NetBSD ABI.  NetBSD would emulate Linux's ABI or AIX's ABI.
> >We have a generic emulation layer to do this.

> So then it wouldn't be that hard to setup aix or ppc linux emulation in
> netbsd/powerpc?  or would this not work because netbsd/powerpc is a.out
> (thats what the gcc patch setups anyways..), and ppc-linux is elf.  And
> vice versa (if the linux server supports a.out)?

It wouldn't be hard. So far, I've not done emulation for other Linux platforms
than the i386, because of the things Jason mentioned already. It conflicts
with the rest of our emulaltion system. Once you remove that problem, it's
relatively easy to do. Everything in /sys/compat/linux is machine-independent
(except for some 64bit unsafeness).

- Frank